LinkedIn is a popular social networking site with a specific purpose. While Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are more focused on your personal life, LinkedIn is all about professional networking and developing a network of contacts to help you advance your career.
This platform provides many great opportunities for advertisers. However, LinkedIn has too many optional features which are difficult for many people to choose which type is suitable for their advertising campaign.
Follow the big brothers like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – In June 2018, LinkedIn launched its Carousel advertising feature. LinkedIn Carousel is highly appreciated by many businesses because of its unique advertising feature that can reach a huge number of users.
Today we will be exploring more about 7 helpful Tips for LinkedIn Carousel you should know to help your brand get the most out of this new feature. The more you know about how to implement it and the features you can use, the more use you’ll get out of your LinkedIn profile. Moreover, you are more likely to attract new audiences.
Let’s find out with me in this article!
What is a Linkedin Carousel?
LinkedIn Carousel is a new way to tell your brand story and interact with your target audience on LinkedIn. This offering allows you to add texture to your stories by featuring multiple visuals that users can horizontally swipe through while on the LinkedIn feed. LinkedIn Carousel ads are a “Sponsored Content” ad format that appears in the LinkedIn feed. They feature multiple images that can be scrolled.
This is a great advertising campaign for businesses to share blog articles with readers. The higher the quality, the more attractive the content will help the business gain more followers.
In particular, viewers can control the order of the Ad’s image sequence. Carousel ads will be limited to 10 images, you can add context to better engage your audience. This format is a good alternative to video.
Carousel brings a lot of benefits to your brand/product promotion and SEO campaign. Each image card in a LinkedIn Carousel ad has a title and intro text:
In B2B, B2C, C2B, and C2C marketing, we sometimes forget the importance of storytelling to build a deeper relationship with our target audience. Getting your brand to stand out from other brands, but these connections can create more memorable experiences and keep your brand top of mind.
With LinkedIn Carousel, you can tell your audience an engaging story that will motivate them to take action.
Tips for LinkedIn Carousel
To get the most out of your campaigns: Follow these tips below for setting goals, developing effective content, and proving the value of carousel advertisements
Tip #1: Choose an Objective for your LinkedIn Carousel
Identify the main objective of each of your Carousel Ads campaigns that you want to convey to your clients. As a result, You will thus have an indication of the content to be created and the indicators to be used to measure their performance.
All LinkedIn Carousel Ads campaigns have a common target:
- Build brand awareness (give users more information about your brand)
- Increase traffic to your website (let members know where they can find more information)
- Lead generation (explain to buyers why they need your product or service)
Tip #2: Measure performance against your goals
Once you’ve set your goal, you can download reports from Campaign Manager. LinkedIn carousel advertising also provides advertisers with the number of impressions and clicks for each card. Within a few months, reports will be available to view directly in Campaign Manager.
Which indicators are appropriate for which goals:
- Increase brand awareness and interest in the product: impressions, clicks, and rate of engagement
- Boost website traffic: click-through rate
- Generate demand: conversion rate, leads, and cost per conversion
Monitor your campaign performance and make adjustments as needed to ensure that you are meeting your goals. Regularly review your click-through rate, conversion rate, and other metrics to gauge your success. Make changes to your ad content or targeting as needed to improve your results.
To access reports, go to the Campaign Manager’s Performance tab, export, and download.
Tip #3: Set up the content of your LinkedIn Carousel according to Your Objectives
What determines the success of a Carousel is based on the relevance of the content provided: bet on clarity, the image, and story you want to convey, or the products or services you want to make your content stand out.
Identify your goals before creating new content or editing existing content to make sure your LinkedIn Carousel is working in the right direction.
In carousel ads, it is important to organize and optimize the visuals so that they are attractive to your target. Do not hesitate to choose bright and distinct colors and why not catchy/trendy content that touches your audience’s mind.
Here are some ways to achieve your marketing goals and build brand awareness, you can get a lot of engagement if you do it in the right way.
Tell your brand story
You can tell a better story with each card that makes your carousel more attractive to the audience, then motivate them to take action. The Linkedin Carouse’s type showcases your brand’s personality and helps you connect with the audience.
Disseminate insights to establish yourself as a thought leader
“Above all else, be memorable” – Thought leadership is one of the most effective methods for building a reputation and generating business leads.
Becoming a thought leader requires ongoing commitment and has a high impact on your brand when combined with other elements of the public relations and marketing mix.
Customer success stories share the overall experience and bring to others an emotional undertone. They highlight the customer’s problems and how a particular product or brand offers solutions. These stories give consumers the trust they’re looking for.
More than a social share or referrals, customer success stories are powerful tools to display on Linkedin Carousel.
Tip #4: Best practices for creating LinkedIn Carousel
When creating a LinkedIn carousel, it is important to keep a few best practices in mind, it is not just using high-quality images and accurately representing your brand or keeping the text on each slide concise and to the point, but also:
- Keep your audience’s attention with visual storytelling.
- Add graphics, introduce people and provide trendy captions to engage your audience.
- Include a clear message and call-to-action in each card’s description.
- Reuse existing media by grouping content with a similar theme or splitting content into a series of cards for your carousel.
- Carousel ads will be limited to 10 images. You can start with a carousel of 3-5 cards, and then try to add more gradually,
- Reuse existing media by grouping content with a similar theme or splitting content into a series of cards for your LinkedIn carousel.
- Check different layouts for the cards in your carousel, then optimize them based on the results.
- If you’re going to tell a story, place the main ad or call-to-action on the last card to encourage your audience to view your entire carousel.
- Review the LinkedIn Carousel specs when preparing your ads campaign to ensure your content will be in the correct format.
And finally, don’t try to stuff too much information into each slide – keep it simple and to the point. Finally, you should make sure that the overall message of your carousel is clear. You will want your audience to walk away with a clear understanding of what you’re trying to communicate.
Additionally, you need to link each slide to a relevant landing page or website. By following these simple tutorials, you can create an effective LinkedIn carousel that will help promote your business and drive traffic to your website.
Tip #5: Create your LinkedIn Carousel Ads campaign
When creating your LinkedIn carousel ads campaign, be sure to consider your goals and objectives. What do you expect to achieve with your carousel? Are you looking to generate leads, increase brand awareness, or promote a specific product or service? Keep your goals in mind as you create your LinkedIn Carousel content and select your target audience.
Log in to Campaign Manager to create your campaign.
- Define your main objective: to increase visits to your website, generate engagement, or generate leads.
- Select the Carousel Ads format.
LinkedIn carousel ads are an effective way to achieve your advertising goals. By creating a series of linked images, you can create a visually stunning ad that is sure to grab attention. And because LinkedIn carousel ads are interactive, your audience will be able to engage with your ad in a way that is both informative and fun. This is an important tip to gain more followers.
To achieve your campaign goals, you can:
- Drive traffic to your website or multiple landing pages
- Collect leads with LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms – external link
When creating a Carousel, you can choose from several different bidding strategies, each of which is designed to achieve different objectives. LinkedIn will automatically select the optimal bidding strategy based on the objectives you select for your campaign. This ensures that your ad is seen by the right people, at the right time, and that you achieve your desired results.
Tailor your bidding strategy to your marketing goals:
- To get leads visits to your website, place bids based on cost per 1,000 impressions (CPM)
- To generate leads, based on cost per click (CPC)
- To maximize the number of clicks for a budget defined, use automatic bidding
In Campaign Manager, LinkedIn automatically selects the optimal bidding strategy based on the objectives of your LinkedIn Carousel ads.
Tip #6: Follow Best Practices for “Sponsored Content”
Carousel Ads are a form of “Sponsored Content” on LinkedIn. Get the most out of your campaigns by following these tips for creating an effective carousel ad:
- Be descriptive in the title and body of the ad. Your clients will understand your message more easily
When creating a carousel, it is important to be descriptive in both the title and the body. This will help your clients understand your message more easily. By being clear and concise, you will be able to communicate your message more effectively and leave a lasting impression.
- Add a call-to-action so you can gain more engagement from your audience
A call-to-action is a statement or question that encourages your readers to take a specific action. For example, you could end a blog post with a question that encourages your readers to leave a comment, or you could include a “subscribe” button at the end of a newsletter. By including a call-to-action, you’ll encourage your audience to take a more active role in engaging with your content.
- Target your advertisements with precision, but without exaggerating, at the risk of limiting your audience. Choose one location and two targeting criteria to get started, and follow ad targeting best practices.
As a small business owner, you can’t afford to waste your advertising budget by targeting everyone in the hopes that someone will be interested in your product or service. You need to be precise with your targeting, but without exaggerating, or you risk limiting your audience.
The best way to get started is to choose one location and two targeting criteria. For example, you could target women in your city who are interested in health and fitness. Once you’ve chosen your target audience, follow ad targeting best practices to make sure your ads are reaching the right people.
- Get more Sponsored Content to maximize the results of your Carousel Ads campaign.
Sponsored Content is a powerful way to reach audiences and build relationships with the professionals important to your business. Get the most out of your campaigns by creating ads, using free tools, testing, and optimizing.
Tip #7: Test and optimize your Carousel Ads
To get the most out of your LinkedIn Carousel Ads, it’s important to test and optimize them regularly. A/B testing is a great way to see what works best for your audience and your business goals.
Try different headlines, images, copy, and call-to-actions to see what performs best. You can also use LinkedIn’s Insights tool to see how your ads are performing and make changes accordingly.
By regularly testing and optimizing your LinkedIn Carousel Ads, you’ll be able to maximize your results and get the most out of your investment.
Perform an A/B test on the number of cards:
- Short (3 to 5 slides): clearly define the theme of the Carousel Ads ad from the start, then develop it over the slides.
- Long (6 slides or more): tell a more elaborate story to arouse emotions and convey the knowledge.
- While the short format of 3-5 cards is great for engaging users, opting for a longer format allows for more content and detail to be shared.
Test the card order:
- LinkedIn’s carousel feature allows you to showcase up to 10 cards, each with its image, headline, and description. You can rearrange the order of the cards at any time, and LinkedIn will automatically update the carousel on your profile accordingly.
- When a LinkedIn Carousel Ad appears in News Feed, the first card appears in full and the second card appears partially.
- Try to integrate different images on the first two cards, change the order of the other cards, monitor the performance of the cards, and place the best-performing cards at the beginning of the carousel.
- To test the card order of LinkedIn’s carousel feature, simply go to your profile and click on the “Edit” button next to the carousel. From there, you can rearrange the order of the cards by dragging and dropping them into place. LinkedIn will then update the carousel on your profile accordingly.
To sum up
The Carousel is a new feature that LinkedIn introduced in 2018. The main reason for implementing the carousel was to give more exposure to the company and its products.
Carousel is the first thing that people see when they visit your LinkedIn profile, so it’s crucial to make it count. By having an eye-catching design, people are more likely to click on the company’s products on the carousel.
To be successful on the platform, It’s very important to know how to leverage the power of LinkedIn Carousel.
Thanks for reading this article, we hope it has helped you get a better understanding of the 7 helpful tips for Linkedin Carousel. As previously mentioned, the carousel is a brilliant way to showcase your skills and experience in a simple but engaging manner.