Do you want to purchase products on Amazon from outside your borders? But you are limited to doing that and struggling to find ways out? Stay right there because we know how to do it and it is very simple!
Understanding the needs of its customers, Amazon has proposed a solution to help them overcome this limit and bring the convenience of buying internationally straight to them.
This eCommerce platform has recently offered a shortcut option on both its website and App that allows its users to shop from other countries wherever Amazon is available.
You can do that easily and quickly when you follow the steps below! And this is how you make Amazon change country of your account.
Ways to have Amazon change country on the website
When you transfer your Amazon account to a different country or region, you will move all of your digital material to the new account. You can also buy content from the Kindle Store in your local currency.
Follow the steps below to transfer your account from your existing country to another one:
- Step #1: Log in to your Amazon account.
- Step #2: Click on Your Content & Devices under the Your Account section
- Step #3: Navigate to Manage Your Content and Devices → Select Settings.
- Step #4: Scroll down until you see Country/ Region Settings → Click the Change button next to Current country/ region.
- Step #5: Enter the details of your address, and click Update. You can see your current country selection under the Country/Region settings section.
In addition to the guide above, we suggest another way to quickly have Amazon change country of your account on the website. Take the steps as follow:
- Step #1: Sign in to your account
- Step #2: Click the drop-down arrow next to the flag icon → Choose Change country/region.
- Step #3: Select the country to which you want to change from the list.
- Step #4: Save the change by clicking the Go to website button.
How to make Amazon change country setting on your App
We have already presented two possible ways to transfer your Amazon account to a different country or region via the website. However, if you want to make the change directly from your phone, here is how you can do that.
- Step #1: Open the Amazon app on your mobile device.
- Step #2: Tap on the menu button → Find the Settings option
- Step #3: Tap on Country & Language under the Settings section.
- Step #4: Tap on the arrow next to your country.
- Step #5: Select your preferred country.
|Note: You will automatically receive the list of items that are eligible to be delivered to your chosen location.|
In what countries is Amazon available?
As we’ve stated from the beginning, you can only do inter-country shopping from countries where the platform is available.
Thus, it is vital to know in which country or region the Amazon platform operates. Here’s a current list of different countries where Amazon exists as well as the languages it supports.
|Country or Region||Language(s)||URL|
|Japan||Japanese, English, Chinese||amazon.co.jp|
|Saudi Arabia||English, Arabic||saudi.souq.com|
|Singapore||English||Amazon.com.sg (prime only)|
|The United Kingdom||English||amazon.co.uk|
|United States||English, Spanish||amazon.com|
Now, the e-commerce platform operates in five languages including English, Brazilian, Spanish Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and German as well as 25 currencies. In addition, you can use it to ship products to over 100 countries.
Some reminders when you make Amazon change country of your account
First and foremost, if you create a new Amazon account instead of transferring the existing account, purchases won’t be shared between the accounts. You need to have separate login credentials for each account. Therefore, to make all your purchases available between your accounts, we recommend you transfer your account country.
Secondly, you won’t be able to transfer an Amazon.co.jp or Amazon.cn account to another country or region.
Thirdly, if you’re eligible to shop in one Amazon digital content store, you may be allowed to transfer your account to another one without updating your country setting. You can see this option under Country Settings.
For example, UK buyers can choose to purchase digital content at Amazon.com for US users even when they don’t register a US address.
Last but not least, you can change your account back to the previous country or region at any time as long as you have an active billing address for that location. You can reverse your transfer by retaking the steps above.
If you find yourself buying products from foreign countries frequently, Amazon is the right choice of an e-commerce platform for you since having Amazon change country of your account is easy.
Take the steps above as soon as possible to make your international shopping more comfortable.