TikTok is one of the social networking channels that has an increasing number of players and shows no sign of stopping. At first glance, it seems that Tiktok is an entertainment channel, but actually, you can use TikTok to gain a lot of that traffic and sales.
In this article, we’ll walk you through: how to sell on TikTok as well as how to help store owners choose the right products to drive sales.
Let’s find out.
Why should you sell on TikTok?
#1. A lot of people use it
Simply put, TikTok is at the heart of culture. Most trends – whether it’s fashion, music, food, movies, or anything else – start on apps before going elsewhere.
According to statistics, there are about 1 billion monthly active users on TikTok. That’s 20% of all Internet users worldwide and one-eighth of the world’s population. And the average daily usage time is more than an hour.
In other words, if you have a cutting-edge product or even just one that you think will attract some shine, then TikTok is a great place to put your foot in the door.
#2. You don’t need a big budget
It’s not just what makes TikTok unique. Users tend not to like overly polished ads, preferring interesting organic material instead. So you don’t need a big budget or a team to make waves on TikTok. The app takes a democratic approach to content, often promoting the best overall videos to the coveted For You Page.
That means the accessibility is essentially limitless, especially if you know what you’re doing. And when you finish reading our guide, you will.
TikTok reaches 43% of users and 53% of creators trying something new after viewing content on the platform.
Above are the reasons and benefits that you gain when selling products on TikTok. So how to sell products on TikTok?
How to sell on TikTok?
Once you’ve set up a profile on TikTok, it’s time to create your strategy. Here are some tips that can help your products sell well on TikTok.
Getting your brand out to as many people as possible is the goal when selling products on TikTok.
Sponsoring a branded hashtag that asks users to create user-generated content is one of the most effective ways to do this.
TikTok calls this Hashtag Challenge Plus and it allows users to shop for sponsored hashtag-related products.
After setting up your challenge, to drive your users to a sale you can create a paid hashtag with a specific landing page. The challenge will show up on the Explore page helping to get more views.
To make it possible for viewers to buy directly from the app, TikTok also allows in-app shopping for your hashtags.
#2. Using shoppable Videos
In 2020, TikTok entered a new deal with eCommerce giant Shopify to integrate Shopify’s over 1 million eCommerce sellers with TikTok’s growing audience.
With a TikTok account for selling and selling products directly on TikTok through videos and in-feed buyable ads, Shopify sellers can now connect their stores.
It can be said that this is a great way to grow your Shopify eCommerce store and grow your TikTok followers at the same time.
#3. Leverage TikTok for Shopify Features
Leveraging TikTok for Shopify features is one of the answers to the question of how to sell on TikTok
It can be said that Shopify has a bunch of built-in features to help you sell products on TikTok. Some notable features of TikTok for Shopify are as follows:
- TikTok campaigns: to target audiences and track ad performance in one place, TikTok allows merchants to create ad campaigns.
- Video Template Engine: this is a tool to help you create video ads using templates available on TikTok with any image, text, and icon assets.
- Audience targeting: TikTok allows you to target ad audiences based on geolocation, demographics, and customer behaviour metrics.
- One-click Pixel: Pixel TikTok will help you track the performance of your product sales campaigns. These analytics will drive the conversion of your future campaigns.
- Creative tools: to connect with new customers, TikTok’s creative tools help you turn Shopify sellers’ products into high-quality TikTok.
How to Promote Your Ecommerce Store on TikTok?
After connecting your store to your TikTok channel, you can create promotional content for your Shopify store on TikTok to drive more conversions in a few ways:
#1. Embed Your TikTok Feed on Your Website
Embedding your TikTok feed on your website will allow your customers to see your product in action before they commit to a sale.
Plus, you can tap into genuine, digital, word-of-mouth advertising, if you regularly feature user-generated content on your TikTok feed. This will help increase customer trust in your brand.
#2. Use Paid Advertising on TikTok
Taking advantage of TikTok’s paid advertising features is a great way to tap into this exciting new market. Tiktok is a platform built for content creators. So make your ads fun, fresh, and interesting to attract new customers.
To start creating ads, you need to know what you’re working with. TikTok content has specific specifications and parameters that you need to follow. And this is also one of the ways to answer the question of how to sell on TikTok.
- Image file: JPG or PNG only
- Video file: MP4, MOV, MPEG, 3GP or AVI
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16, 1:1 and 16:9
- Image resolution: 1200 × 628 recommended, but not required
- Video resolution: 720 × 1280 pixels, 640 × 640 pixels or 1280 × 720 pixels
- Video length: 5 to 60 seconds
- Brand Name: The brand name you show in your ad must be between 2 and 20 characters. If you are promoting an app, you can use 4 to 40 characters
- Ad Description: Your ad description should be between 12 and 100 characters long. You can’t use emojis in your description
- From there, it’s all about creating engaging, creative, and fun ads that capture the attention of TikTok’s young demographic.
- Voiceovers, background music, and special effects sounds can help make your ads more effective
#3. Include Your E-commerce Link in Your TikTok Bio
Now, every TikTok profile allows you to add your website link. Use this space to add a link to your e-commerce store or any page you want to drive traffic to, like promotions or related landing pages.
It can be said that this is a great way to lead users to the content you want to see and increase sales on TikTok.
TikTok is still evolving as a platform and we can expect even more sales opportunities to come soon. For now, it’s important to start with the shopping features already in place. This will help you drive more e-commerce sales and attract a loyal audience. Hope the above article has helped you pocket the most effective forms of sales on TikTok! If you have any further questions about how to sell on TikTok, please leave a comment below to let us know.
Hey, want to know more about OneCommerce? CHECK IT OUT!