Now that your Shopify store is trading internationally, you should think about finding a currency converter tool to help you with bringing a better shopping journey for your customers.
In eCommerce, the user experience is crucial. No one wants to spend time hunting for a calculator or using Google to convert currencies, which could lead to an increasing number of abandoned carts.
Currency converter apps are essential for business owners who want to expand internationally and access new markets since these apps assist you in customizing your customers’ purchasing experiences based on their locations.
There are many options you can choose from, including free and paid ones. In this blog, we would like to help you find the best free currency converter app for your own Shopify store if you are on a tight budget.
What is a currency converter app?
A currency converter app is an application that allows users to change one currency into another. You can make the process of converting currencies easier and enable consumers to acquire the best rate possible.
Why is it important to have a currency converter app?
The expansion of international trade has increased the demand for currency converters. More individuals are working and transacting worldwide, thus they must have access to a currency converter app.
- Traders: For investors and currency traders who want to gain a head start on the market and make some additional money by trading currencies, it can be helpful.
- Businesses: The growth of global trade has increased the demand for currency converters. Current exchange rates are necessary for businesses, especially online stores that trade with customers in other currencies to accurately record those transactions.
10 best free currency converter apps for your business
There are a lot of options for free currency converter apps out there at your disposal. As I have mentioned above, we will introduce to you the list of the best free currency converter apps so you won’t need to feel worried when it comes to pricing or budget issues.
However, some of the options on our list provide both free and paid versions. Therefore, you can choose to upgrade to the premium plan later on easily.
Pricing: There is a free plan forever, plus 3 paid plans starting at $9.90/month.
With an estimated 13,000 merchants worldwide, Transcy from OneCommerce has shown to be the most effective tool for converting prices to each customer’s local currency.
Moreover, Transcy provides 167 different currencies available for your Shopify store, and prices will automatically be shown based on the customer’s location. Typically, this may provide buyers with a seamless shopping experience, resulting in a higher conversion rate.
- Auto-detect customer location to display local currency
- Seamless integration with Shopify Payments
- Updated exchange rates many times a day
- Show the original price when hovering
- Rounding decimals of prices after converting
- Display a notification for customers about the price on the cart page
- Choose from stunning templates to make the currency changer stand out
- Dedicated customer support
- Other language translation features
Turn your Shopify store into a multilingual one
Turn your Shopify store into a multilingual oneEliminate all the language barriers & convert currencies with ease! Translate your store
Pricing: There are 2 options: FREE plan and ELITE plan costing $9.95/month.
Grizzly Apps developed the BEST Currency Converter app that offers more than 160 different foreign currencies. To provide businesses with the greatest experience possible, the price will automatically switch based on their locations. Moreover, cart abandonment will be reduced by assisting the customer in using their local currency to make purchases.
- Update currencies twice a day.
- Auto-detect customer location for displaying local currency.
- Integrations with any Shopify theme.
- Email support and online archive are available.
Pricing: You can opt for the HOBBYIST plan, which is free, or the SUPER SUCCESS plan at $9.95/month.
In the Shopify app store, Auto Currency Switcher by MLVeda is among the simplest to use with more than 200 currencies accepted. It offers a paid subscription with a complete feature set or a free option with some restrictions.
Based on IP addresses, this app locates users and translates prices to their native currencies. It also aids in the removal of digits following decimal points.
- Automatically detect customers’ location.
- Save the user’s currency selection.
- Display country flags.
- Integrations with all Shopify themes.
- 24/7 live chat support.
Multi Currency Converter Hero by Booster Apps is a 100% free currency converter app for any business. It allows customers to see prices in any currency in your store and automatically shows the customer’s currency for your store.
Additionally, customers can view prices in any currency on your website with the help of the Multi Currency Converter Hero. Besides, this free currency converter app automatically displays the customer’s currency for your store and facilitates their checkout process.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Automatically switch currencies based on customer locations.
- Customers can manually toggle between currencies.
- Well integration with Shopify themes.
- Customer support provided.
One of the most comprehensive and free currency converter apps on our list is Bucks Currency Converter PRO++. This app can quickly change the pricing to correspond with the customer’s location at a fast loading speed.
You can also modify the location and style of currency selection with this app to fit the theme of your store. Custom CSS is available to improve the offered features if you desire more personalization.
- Support 160+ currencies.
- Custom currency rounding method.
- Personalize the style for currency selection.
- Integrates with AJAX carts & multiple variants.
- Responsive customer support.
- Manual API is available for third-party integrations.
This free currency converter app from Webrex Studio offers 24-hour premium support and was made available with the goal of assisting small businesses. You may easily configure rules for currency conversion that are country-specific or use the default currency option.
Especially, there are many state-of-the-art features that are only found in premium currency converter apps, including the ability to alter the default currency or create custom currency symbols.
- Auto switch pricing based on the customer’s local currency.
- Personalize currency rounding rules.
- Custom the currency selection dropdown.
- The option to display currency selection dropdown.
- Custom currency format & symbols.
- Add custom CSS.
Pricing: Free or you can go for the Advanced Plan which costs $9.95/month.
The SmartCS currency converter app provides your foreign customers with a highly customized purchasing experience.
Based on their geographic location, it will automatically display the suitable currency. You don’t need to worry about its correctness because the exchange rate is updated from Shopify.
9 different currency switcher templates are available for you to choose from and represent your store. Additionally, you can place the switcher at the desired location.
- Auto switch pricing is based on customers’ location.
- Auto establish rules for round price.
- Customize the display of currency format.
- The built-in currency selector of your theme is supported.
- Easily change the currency for selected countries from the backend.
Pricing: Free or you can choose to upgrade to the Premium Plan at $9.99/month.
Currency Converter – Translate by Autoketing is another app that can help you convert currencies and languages with ease. More importantly, you can set it up with only 1 click with no coding required.
This app uses IP to determine the location of users and automatically changes the default pricing to the users’ local currency. Every 3 hours, the exchange rate will be updated. In addition, all of the conversion pricing configurations can be altered as desired to fully please visitors to your store.
With 5 distinct currency themes and a variety of style options, it helps to make your store look as good as possible. You just need to pick your favorite or modify the theme to fit the aesthetic of your store.
- Support 164+ popular currencies.
- Custom currency notifications at the checkout.
- Match with any theme.
- Well-integrated with other apps.
Pricing: Free or you can buy its Premium Plan at $4.99/month.
Currency Converter Ultimate by Kilatech is another great Shopify currency converter. It is also affordable to your store because its paid plan comes at a very low price, in addition to the free plan, compared to other apps that have the same options.
You can personalize your products and show customers’ local currencies as this app automatically detects their location. It also integrates well with Shopify Market and Shopify Multi-Currency to provide a seamless shopping experience at your store.
- Auto switch currency for customers.
- Show/ hide the smart currency dropdown.
- Add the currency dropdown to any menu.
- Compatible with any theme.
- Exchange rates are frequently updated.
Based on the geolocation of your clients, this totally free currency converter app enables you to change currencies and translate your stores into other languages.
The app’s currency converter features function without a hitch to seamlessly change prices at your store to reflect clients’ local currencies, despite its greater emphasis on language translation.
Additionally, you can take advantage of its numerous SEO features to help promote your store, which can help you save a lot of money.
- Support 150+ currencies.
- Auto-switch language & currency.
- Customize currency conversion for a specific currency.
- Set up your own rounding rules.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
We have provided you with the top 10 list to help you find your best free currency converter app. You can see that every option offers an amazing user experience with interesting features and has been downloaded millions of times.
It is understandable why these apps, most of which are free, generate millions of dollars in revenue. If you have already found your favorite tool, you can start implementing the app in your online business to allow you to expand globally and quickly.